Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double insulated cooker hood trips RCD

On 2017-12-29, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/12/2017 11:41, Lee wrote:
On 29/12/2017 11:18, Huge wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Just to cheer you up even more, we've been trying to track down a
similar fault for 2 years now.

Great. So the consensus would appear to be no point in changing the
cooker hood because it's something else.

Fair enough. At the aesthetic cost of a bit of trunking I'll put it on a
non-RCD circuit and I'll wait until the next time to see if the real
culprit shows up.
At a no doubt inconvenient time.

It would probably only take 15 mins to go through each circuit in the CU
and do a quick N to E resistance check...

No fault found. Put CU back together. Trips again the following day.

Then use 100mA RCD and 30 mA RCBOs on the relevant cuircuits

Rinse and repeat.