Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:05:26 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

snip

My point was that if we got a condensing TD and no matter how 'easy'
it was to empty, we *would* plumb it in because we would rather not
*have to* do it manually if we didn't need to?

Then do your research more carefully than I. I have a moderately
expensive Bosch heat pump one that has no facilities to plumb it in. I
naturally assumed ...

As you might under those circumstances ...

This is the sort of thing I hate when replacing something that has
done just what you need, easily and simply for many years and you
can't find a straight replacement.

Like when we thought the TD was a gonna the last time (the new handle
came today and I've just fitted it btw g) we were actually looking
for a straight replacement but couldn't find one with an exhaust port
on the left. Ours has them at the left, right and the rear!

But then the old TD allowed you to run it from an external timer (E7)
whereas this one requires you to press the start button. ;-(

Cheers, T i m