Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven tripping RCD

On 29/12/17 13:00, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

It probably has moisture in it.

I wouldn't mind if I could see that it was corroded or pitted or had
burnt spiders between the terminals and the outer jacket, but it looks
perfect, it's underneath the main oven cavity so no fat/steam would get
anywhere near it.Â* Replacement is on its way.

Those elements simply fail internally, often due to thermal cycling
opening up a pinhole and then moisture gets in.

I've replaced more than one. They always look just perfect to me. But a
meter shows otherwise.

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching