Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Double insulated cooker hood trips RCD

On 2017-12-29, Lee wrote:
On 29/12/2017 12:20, John Rumm wrote:

It would probably only take 15 mins to go through each circuit in the CU
and do a quick N to E resistance check...

(i.e. turn off MCB, disconnect circuit neutral(s) from bus bar, and
measure resistance to earth (of if you have an insulation resistance
tester measure N+L joined together to earth))

Did this a few months back when we were chasing an intermittent tripping
fault with the oven, which turned out to be a grill element.

Only change made as a result of trying to fault find that issue* was to
replace the MCBs with RCBOs,

Can you get RCBOs that are a straight swap for MCBs? We have a Legrand
CU that was installed in the late 1990s.

Probably easier and cheaper to swap the CU for an all RCBO installation.

I did see an ad for shortened RCBOs not so long ago that might fit your CU.

--
Adam