Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default To replace older combi boiler?

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 27/12/2017 17:06, Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, I'd have thought by now there would be a thriving market in heat
reclamation devices for non condensing boilers. Why is this not the case?
Brian

My Baxi Bermuda used flue blocks, typical of the 70's. This meant the
bedroom wall above the fire/backboiler got really hot and kept the
room warm in all but the coldest weather. Even the original installer
had fitted a radiator that was much smaller than the other bedroom.

Yes. My old Potterton RS floor stander was in the large bathroom, and kept
it nice and warm. Fine in the winter - but perhaps not so much on a hot
day when only doing the hot water.

Had to add a rad in the bathroom when I changed to a modern boiler. I'd
rather the heat goes were I want it to, since I'm paying for the gas no
matter where it goes. ;-)

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.