Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen sink mixer tap drips - can it be fixed?

On 29/12/2017 11:42, TMH wrote:
On 29/12/2017 11:18, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Dave!

On 29/12/2017 10:11, TMH wrote:
On 27/12/2017 21:48, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
We had a lever-operated kitchen kitchen sink mixer tap fitted about
four years ago - in the past few months it's started dripping.
It has quarter-turn levers - I'm guessing that these operate ceramic
valves?

Correct.

Grand

If so - does anybody have experience of obtaining replacement
valves, and how are they fitted. I'm expecting that the lever is
held on by a screw, under the end-cover - but how do you get the
conical cover off without damaging the chrome?

If it's knurled I usually use water pump pliers & a cloth.

Nope - smooth as a smooth thing, and tapered with it.
The 'hot' once loosened off with a grippy garden glove - the cold one
won't budge (so far).

Grippy glove and water pump pliers?

Something like that... probably - or even a stout rubber band wrapped
many times round the thing to give a bit of purchase....

Adrian