Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Dyson / Gtech / other (portable cleaner)?

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:52:11 +0000, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:17:50 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

GETA****INGHENRY

Twice the vaccuum: half the price.
They are good,
but does a ****ing Henry meet the criteria of the OP who wants a
portable cleaner for his aged mother?

Where above does it say that?

As I referred to the OP you could be sensible and look at the
beginning of the thread before going off.

Here it is here to save you the trouble of going back

"As there seem to be a few appliance questions around, it prompted me
to get the panels thoughts / opinions / advice on a portable cleaner
for my 87 year old Mum for use on the stairs (specifically
potentially). Whilst she is actually pretty strong and reasonably
agile, something lighter and easier to hold / use than a corded
cleaner would be appreciated."

Henry IS portable

By portable they probably means something lightweight and cordless.

So uou assume. With no evidencxe to justify.

repeating what he wrote again incase it still hasn't sunk in

LOL ... bless TNP ... he hides from me behinds his cowardly killfile
and then jumps in with both feet and makes himself look more of a knob
than usual. ;-)

"something lighter and easier to hold / use than a corded
cleaner would be appreciated."

Mum already has a Henry and it's is too big and clumsy to use on the
stairs.

Reading that seem what I wrote a reasonable interpretation of his
requirement,
You by answering that a Henry is portable did not,
They are not cordless or lightweight.

Quite. Mum already has a Henry and it's is too big and clumsy (for
her) to use on the stairs. With an extension hose she may be able to
do all the stairs from the bottom (it could risk coming down the
stairs if she used it from the top) but she still has to drag it out
from somewhere and it's not the easiest of things to open / empty with
arthritics hands and a double length hose would be like fighting a
python for her to put away (and could trip her over etc).

Yes technically they are portable but most of those reading will
understand that a further degree of ease of handling would be required
than suggesting a domesticated version of a cleaner with its roots in
industrial cleaning would be a suitable machine for an 87 year old to
lug up and clean on stairs.

Bingo.

Now go and sober up and/or stop being argumentative for the sake of it
and just accept that you misinterpreted this one, further bluster will
make you look sillier.

Not sure I have ever seen TNP apologise for anything!

Why the bad temper?

I think it's partly down to me ... or anyone who doesn't simply 'roll
over' to his superior being. ;-)

snip speculation ;-)

Cheers, T i m