Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Kitchen sink mixer tap drips - can it be fixed?

TMH Wrote in message:
On 29/12/2017 10:13, jim wrote:
TMH Wrote in message:
On 27/12/2017 21:48, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
We had a lever-operated kitchen kitchen sink mixer tap fitted about four
years ago - in the past few months it's started dripping.
It has quarter-turn levers - I'm guessing that these operate ceramic
valves?

Correct.

If so - does anybody have experience of obtaining replacement valves,
and how are they fitted. I'm expecting that the lever is held on by a
screw, under the end-cover - but how do you get the conical cover off
without damaging the chrome?

If it's knurled I usually use water pump pliers & a cloth.

Hi Dave how's things?

OK thanks. Group seems a bit less political now.

Don't hold your breath! :-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----