Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TT Earth Electrode indoors?

On 27/12/2017 15:52, Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 13:56:37 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
coalesced the vapors of human experience into a
viable and meaningful comprehension...

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 07:22:36 -0600, Alan wrote:

What is your earth rod resistance now?
Adding an extra rod is not guaranteed to lower the total resistance.
If you are currently getting 10 ohms than adding another rod will not
really help, however if you have 150ohms or so, then an extra, or deeper
rod may well help.

Should really be earth loop *impedance* tested at 50Hz.

True, but I doubt the inductive and capacitive reactance components
are too significant. I'm willing to learn though.

AC is preferred for earth electrode testing since it avoids any
electrolytic effects on the electrode when using DC. (you can test with
DC, but its good to take a few readings reversing the polarity for each
test.

--
Cheers,

John.