Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default "Electronic Transformer" ... as 12V PSU?

T i m wrote:

Hi all,

I need to replace a laptop style (12V 7A) PSU (not for a laptop) and
was wondering if the sort of thing you can get to power 12V LED lights
would be suitable?

I'm talking of this sort of thing:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lig...rs/sd3306/Elec
tronic+Transformer/p11098

Is it just a 12V SMPSU or is it summat 'different'?

I find it weird that they don't mention the output voltage in the
blurb, just a range of wattages (it does say 11.4V on the item itself
though).

Cheers, T i m

It can't be very well regulated if it is dimmable. And it is probably
quite noisy. So it very much depends on how well the item you are
going to use it with can cope with that.

--

Roger Hayter