Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson / Gtech / other (portable cleaner)?

On 28/12/17 18:28, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 13:01:30 +0000, T i m wrote:

We have a Dyson V6 Animal but only really use that on the floor in the
kitchen or for the car(s).

Why not loan it to your Mum to see how she gets on with it? We have a
V6 and stairs is one of the places that it does make easier than
either man handling the DC04 or using the tool extension hose from
the DC04,

It does OK as an upright but doesn't clean anywhere near as deeply as
the DC04, not surprising with the DC04 having over a 1kW motor to
drive the beater bar and suck. My bug bear with the V6 in upright
mode is that it's too short and I have to stoop to use it. If the
tube extension was around 9" longer that wouldn't be an issue. The
cannister is also small and fills quickly.

The V6 could never replace the DC04 as the main cleaner, at least not
if you want cleanish carpets. You can clean an area with the V6 and
immediatly again with the DC04 and the DC04 will collect at least as
much dust as the v6 if not more. We are rural so more dirt probably
comes in on shoes etc than an urban dwelling where the only outside
ground a pair of shoes has contact with is a few yards of relatively
clean drive from car to front door...

GETA****INGHENRY

Twice the vaccuum: half the price.

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!