Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT. Social Security record

On 12/28/2017 7:31 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/28/2017 12:57 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 00:09:37 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:36:37 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Ed Zachary ! That money was supposed to be in a trust and invested
for our retirement . Instead the ****in' politicians stole it to buy
votes . Had that money I paid in been invested in something that had a
return similar to what I invested on my own I'd be getting about 3
times
what I draw from SS .

That is true. If my SS money had been put into the stocks of the dow I
would have about 2.5 million bucks and If I had the dividends
reinvested it would be more like 3.5 - 4 million depending on the
stock mix.

More likely the entire stock market industry would be entirely different.
Boom and bust, panic, vast corruption. Public revolts, lynch mobs.
Maybe we'd have a different form of government by now.
Probably would be lucky to get a dime back.
Unless the government was running the stock markets, which presents it
own problems.
Besides, nobody stopped you from investing a similar percentage on
your own.

My 401k minimum distribution is more than my SS and I only paid into it
for maybe 10-15 years.Â* Most of it was not in stocks but paid fixed
interest.Â* Big government does not trust people to think for themselves
but want to inflict their bad choices on us.

The problem some people are having with SS is they never did anything
more and figured they would retire on it. Maybe you could in 1955, but
not today. Without the 401k I'd be eating a lot less steak today.