Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson / Gtech / other (portable cleaner)?

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 13:01:30 +0000, T i m wrote:

As there seem to be a few appliance questions around, it prompted me to
get the panels thoughts / opinions / advice on a portable cleaner for my
87 year old Mum for use on the stairs (specifically potentially). Whilst
she is actually pretty strong and reasonably agile, something lighter
and easier to hold / use than a corded cleaner would be appreciated.

I haven't tried it, but thinking of getting a Bosch one. Not cheap, mins,
although there are a number of models.

p.s. Can you get stairs for the Gtechs (when it is out of warranty) as
easily as you generally can for the Dysons?

ITYM spares? Bosch are good for that - the occasional spare has a
prohibitive price but I've successfully got spares (quickly) from Bosch
for washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, food mixer...