Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

"charles" wrote in message
In article , George
wrote:

"Handsome Jack" wrote in message

I tell you what, if I went to the opera and that was going on in front
of me, I'd insist on my money back, and I'd never go again.

Had you been a regular attender or even bothered to read the prospectus
beforehand, you'd have been aware that perfomances with signing are
flagged as such with a big BSL beside them. In the case of this Spring's
Carmen only one performance out of the 12 is signed.

http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/ca...y-barrie-kosky

That being for Monday March 12th

Many of the other productions offer no signed perfomances at all.

So either some people didn't bother to check beforehand, or were simply
taken for mugs by the ticketing agency. But were equally clueless in
either case, I'm afraid.

Sometimes, you go to a particular performance because the date suits your
diary.

But why chose a performance where you know beforehand that you're
going to be spending a lot of the time (whenever you notice the
arm waving at the side) wondering why half the audience are there
at all ?

At least unlike Hugh you weren't moved among the OAP's. Who at
a guess, along with deaf people paying full price, probably
get any last minute concessionary tickets that are going.

michael adams