Posted to uk.d-i-y
Handsome Jack Handsome Jack is offline

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

Bob Eager posted
On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 11:28:28 +0000, Handsome Jack wrote:

Brian says "many people" can't read subtitles and need the signing.
Exactly how many people are we catering for here, and how many are we
excluding?

It's not just that. Signing is a totally different language and does not
have a letter-by-letter, word-by-word or even sentence-by-sentence
correspondence with English. It may be their first language.

This doesn't appear to answer my question. How many deaf people cannot
read text subtitles but can understand sign language?

--
Jack