Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

On 28/12/17 10:42, Richard wrote:
On 28/12/17 09:28, Richard wrote:
On 28/12/17 08:13, charles wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 27/12/17 22:19, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:44:18 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 27/12/2017 08:20, PeterC wrote:

All the hand waggling strts to make me feel a bit nauseous - it
should be optional,

It is optional.Â* It will be repeat of a normal program with inserted
hand waving. If recording the program there will be a code in the
EPG
description to identify this type of repeat so that you can
exclude it
by using your program filters.

One programme that I wanted was broadcast in the early morning as the
only version without a news ticker; unfortunately it had the signing
and I find that can almost memerise me if I'm making an effort to
ignore it. There should be the option for people with such 'minor'
'disabilities'.

My point is simple: Who can read signing who *cannot* read subtitles?

I.e. this 'service' has been completely superseded by digital
transmision.

Ergo all those handwaving ****s are, is an unnecessary and unwelcome
expense.

Particularly at the operaÂ* performance I went to a couple of years
ago.Â* If
you're deaf and can't hear the music, why go.

It seems that you and the OP have perfect everything, except for the
fact that your *thinking* processes are profoundly ****ed up.

No, in fact you have clearly demonstrated that you can't think, only
virtue signal.

What is achieved by a handwaving gurning gargoyle, that subtitles
cannot do? Nothi g.

You are like all the people who prattle on about disability legislation.

Put the bottle down. Where did I mention disability legislation?

I saidf you are *like* them. I mentioned it.

You have never actually had to deal with the *real* problems of being
disabled.

And you know this, how?

Because otherwise you would understand how truly useless most disability
legislation is at dealing wioth real disabilities.

As opposed top theorteocal ones

The truth is that the BBC and other staions have to employ disabled
minorities, so they make up jobs that they can do.

I guess we should just grind 'em up for fertiliser.

Why not just pay them [less] to stay at home?