Posted to uk.d-i-y
Handsome Jack Handsome Jack is offline

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

PeterC posted
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 06:23:24 +0000, Tjoepstil wrote:

do we have to be subjected to gurning gesticulating gargoyles in the
corner of the screen, who cannot be eradicated by mere button push?

Its as bad as the 'NARative audio track, designed for people who
presumably cant watch the telly they just tuned into...

That gesticulating makes it almost impossible to watch the programme. I've a
bit of trouble since my early teens with processing fast-moving random
objects in complex situations.

I haven't but I still can't watch programmes with the gesticulating GGs.
It is simply too distracting.

And it is not true, or not generally true, that they go out on repeats
in the small hours. Many's the time I've recorded a movie on Channel
Four to watch the next evening, and find I can't watch it because of the
signing.

Brian says "many people" can't read subtitles and need the signing.
Exactly how many people are we catering for here, and how many are we
excluding?

--
Jack