Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

On 27/12/17 22:19, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:44:18 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 27/12/2017 08:20, PeterC wrote:

All the hand waggling strts to make me feel a bit nauseous - it should be
optional,

It is optional. It will be repeat of a normal program with inserted
hand waving. If recording the program there will be a code in the EPG
description to identify this type of repeat so that you can exclude it
by using your program filters.

One programme that I wanted was broadcast in the early morning as the only
version without a news ticker; unfortunately it had the signing and I find
that can almost memerise me if I'm making an effort to ignore it.
There should be the option for people with such 'minor' 'disabilities'.

My point is simple: Who can read signing who *cannot* read subtitles?

I.e. this 'service' has been completely superseded by digital transmision.

Ergo all those handwaving ****s are, is an unnecessary and unwelcome
expense.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain