Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

Well I realised it as you know. Sadly as you will read, the capitalist
system of broadcasting has made it hard or expensive to actually send out
signing so you can turn it off.

Incidentally do you ever go to the cinema? Have you ever wondered about the
new screenings? Recliner screenings, Autistic friendly screenings and baby
friendly screenings are just some I have seen recently. OK but are they
doing it just to be awkward to everyone? No they are doing it to get bums on
seats as its used. Same goes for signing and subtitles AD and talking menus
and program guides on tv as well. Nobody will do these things if it were not
needed.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
On 27/12/17 07:59, Graham. wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 06:23:24 +0000, Tjoepstil
coalesced the vapors of human
experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

do we have to be subjected to gurning gesticulating gargoyles in the
corner of the screen, who cannot be eradicated by mere button push?

Its as bad as the 'NARative audio track, designed for people who
presumably cant watch the telly they just tuned into...

It's not a GGG, it's called a DOG, Digital On-screen Graphic, and
it's there so you always know what channel you are watching, but have
you noticed it does disappear when the adverts are on, the advertisers
insist on that!

We no. I am talking about deaf signing ****heads.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler