Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Strength between c-channel and square tubing

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 16:45:16 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 12/26/2017 3:18 PM, Wasantha wrote:
I would like to know for a machine frame(textile dryer) which channel
is more
suitable for carrying load.
1.6" U-Channel
2.4" Square Tubing

Is this for an industrial or commercial setting? If so, you should not
be the one making the decision. It is such a naive question that it
shows that you are nowhere near qualified enough. No offense, I hope -
just trying to keep you out of trouble.

(ring, ring)
(click) Joe's Auto Body, Joe here.
(cough) Um, how much will it cost to fix my fender?

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars