Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Southbend four foot precision lathe

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 13:49:27 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 12/23/2017 11:21 PM, Gerry wrote:
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 21:20:43 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 18:35:56 -0500, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

There is a Southbend four foot precision lathe for sale near here.
The seller states that is well cared for. It has a couple four jaw
chucks and some other tools with it. He's asking $600 for it.
A sleal at twice the price if it's in good shape (at least up here!!)

I paid $800 for my SB "A" 9" out of a high school shop 35+ years ago.

* I gave $750 for my (Logan) Wards PowrKraft* 10 x 31 with QCGB , a
full set of change gears , 2 chucks , steady and follow rests , and a
bunch of other stuff . All it lacked was a motor - and I had one
available .

Sweet.

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars