Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

He who is rbowman said on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 23:46:47 -0700:

On 12/24/2017 09:08 PM, harry newton wrote:
With SHarepod freeware, you can copy anything from any iPod to any Windows
machine without ever needing a login or password or even storing a single
bit of the executable on Windows (it runs off the iPod as a Windows
executable stored on the iPod).

My main machine is Linux and my non-Apple MP3 players show up as mass
storage devices that I can copy files to. I got the Shuffle loaded and
that was that. I have no intention of ever trying to reload it.

I also have Ubuntu 16.04, where, thankfully, the iTunes abomination won't
run natively.

The problem I have with Linux is that Apple never tests their software in
the real world, saying that it's "not supported", so they break
connectivity for millions of users even when going from something as minor
as iOS version 7.0.0 to iOS 7.0.1.

Apple doesn't care about the real world.