Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

In article , rbowman
wrote:

many reasons, including smart playlists, regular playlists, arbitrary
groupings, automatic syncing so you don't need to manage everything
yourself as well as many other things.

I do fine with random play, thank you.

it does that too.

I don't need the 'walking the
dog' or 'taking out the garbage' play list. If someone like the iTunes
interface, more power to them. I found it clumsy and since I don't
purchase music through iTunes that isn't a factor.

there is no requirement to purchase music with itunes. you can use your
own music, from whatever source, even pirated music.

in fact, you can gain amnesty for pirated music using itunes match,
where it will give you legal non-drm 256kbit versions for whatever you
already have, regardless of its source or quality (although if it's
*really* ****ty quality, the matching won't work).

Syncing a Shuffle is
of little use since the thing if completely full with its limited
storage.

actually syncing a shuffle is very useful *because* it's limited.
otherwise, you could put everything on it.

sync whatever you want to hear, which can even be automated simply by
plugging the shuffle into the computer.

It is handy in the gym where I can clip it on my t-shirt and
that's it's sole function in my life.

exercising is one of the main use cases for a shuffle, where people
won't want to (or can't) fuss with choosing music on a display. it's
also small and won't get in the way.

different tools for different jobs.

Other than straight MP3 players I use the Kindle Fire. Between the Prime
selections and the music I buy through Amazon it provides all of the above.

ok.