Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default TT Earth Electrode indoors?

The Earth Impedance has been tested and is OK,
but the plastic casing covering the earth wires clipped to the wall has been broken,
it's where it can get knocked by wheelbarrows etc,
it would be so much neater to not have wires clipped to outside walls
but to have the earth rod under the consumer unit indoors.

The floor is flagstones on earth,
(its a Victorian house)
so I should be able to put an earth rod indoors
even if it means drilling through some footing
i hope

[George]

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 12:20:16 PM UTC, George Miles wrote:
Is there any reason not to have an earth rod indoors?
TT system.

I've got 2 earth rods outdoors,
can I keep them and add a third indoors so there's less resistance?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/TT_Earthing

[george]