Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

He who is Bob said on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 13:23:56 -0500:

On 12/24/2017 1:01 PM, harry newton wrote:
I just picked up a couple of $130 Costco LG Stylo 3 Plus phones as
last-minute stocking stuffers, where I ran the following hardware-only
comparison below.

When buying smartphones, make sure they have the WPA2 KRACK patch available.

I got a couple 18-month-old Verizon branded HTC phones that the manufacturer no longer issues security patch updates so no more HTC phones for me.

AFAIK, Apple has patched the WPA2 KRACK vulnerability in their phones.

Thanks for that advice to ensure that the KRACK attack is patched.
I do keep abreast of security vulnerabilities in both Android & in iOS.

In fact, I'm the guy that broke the news of that KRACK attack on both the
iOS and Android newsgroups - so I'm well aware of the vulnerability.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/pI1pmUNYGbM

If it were an iOS phone, I'd have to ensure it doesn't have the secret
permanent and drastic CPU slowdown "feature" also - which is another
vulnerability I was the first to post on the iOS newsgroups.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GdEtzzrc9F0

So I'm up to speed on the software vulnerabilities - but the topic of this
thread is whether I got the hardware comparisons correct.

Is my hardware comparison correct?

If so, with respect only to hardware, would you consider the two phones to
be essentially equivalent? Why or why not?