Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Silkscreening

On 12/23/2017 02:47 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Got the first one working today.

There is an electronic timer that I simply bypassed and replaced with a
mechanical timer I had in my junk box which originally was from a
bathroom's heat lamp.

Then all I had to do was wire the cooling fans to be on at the same time.

I will tackle the 2nd unit after Christmas and may end up simply putting
in a 230v halogen lamp if I can't get the power supply fixed.

Now I'm tired, not used to doing work anymore

Thanks for the update. I have trouble enough getting up a head of steam
going to the bathroom. I fell today and the cops had to come to give me a
lift assist. I'm lucky!

Sorry that you fell.

My wife has fallen a few times without injuring herself but one year ago
broke her wrist.

It was near the fire station so they checked her out to make sure there
were no more injuries, then helped me get her into the car. She is fine now.

Since I had my knees replaced five years ago I only fell once.

It was not dramatic because I was only 2 feet up a ladder and landed on
my feet.

My days of going up tall ladders are over.

Anyway, if I get the 2nd light going I'll actually earn a bit of money
because he said it would cost him a few thousand dollars to get new lights.