Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 13:05:21 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Estimated cost to change passport from EU to UK - £480m

Blimey Dave! Who arrived at that figure? Diane Abbot?? :-D Seriously,
show us a breakdown. Half a billion demands a break-down. We do charge
for those things, you know. They don't get dished out for free (unless
you're a Somali terrorist, of course).

Dave is talking complete cock.

FACT: the existing passport contract expires in 2019. When that
contract was awarded in, I dunno, 2014, it was worth some £400M and was
for design and provision of passports for 5 years.

FACT: in 2019 a new contract will have to be awarded, again for design
and provision of passports for 5 years. New security measures will have
to be designed in and that contract will be for the sum given above,
more or less.

FACT: changing the colour of the passport and removal of "European
Union" from the front cover will be done as part of the design process
for the new passports.

FACT: whether we leave the EU or not, and whether we change the colour
or not, has NO effect on the cost of the contract.

FACT: Dave has simply bought into a lie that has been doing the rounds
on Twitter (at least) during the last day or so and which has been
thoroughly proved to be FAKE NEWS.

Tee-Hee. Thought it would bring the like of you out in righteous
indignation.

Now give the true cost of this wonderful happening. Unless you think a
re-design is free, of course. But then I doubt you care.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.