Posted to uk.d-i-y
Handsome Jack Handsome Jack is offline

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
What makes yuo think thats as since the BREXIT vote there's less
people coming to the UK and we know foreigners have left the UK and
unemployment has gone down so someone must have taken those jobs that
the British won't do.

Not only that, but by not importing workers to do jobs that Brits don't
want, the options become to do without or to increase wages, so that
Brits can actually be better off working and decide that they will do
them.

That's going to go down well with the average Tory. Big increases in wages
for the unskilled.

I'm not sure why you think we care what goes down well with "the average
Tory".

But out of the EU they can do what they always wanted
to and abolish all forms of social security. They've already indicated
they want to get rid of the EU directive on working hours. That's really
going to temp the unemployed back to work.

I don't suppose it'll make any difference, since most of them are only
ever offered short-hours jobs anyway.

--
Jack