Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Alarm Battery Charge Time

If its totally flat it is duff. These batteries tend to need to be charged
up either all the time or for a period every couple of months to keep them
working.I had a dryfit one in a Grundig piece of gear that had not been used
for nearly a year and it would not hold a charge.
However, are you absolutely sure the charging circuit is OK. I remember the
thread and I did wonder at the time whether some other damage had occurred
to the control box.
Brian

"TheChief" wrote in message
news
Hi all

Following alarm issues caused by a power cut I have fitted a new
battery from Screwfix.

But it appears that it had been on the shelf a while and was low
on charge.

The battery is a 12v 7Ah lead acid jobbie.

My question is how long is it likely to take for the alarm power
supply to charge the newly installed battery?
The alarm is a Texecom Veritas Excel model.

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----