Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default 3/4" Bibcock output thread size ?

On 23/12/2017 22:57, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Fredxx"Â* wrote in message news

On 23/12/2017 20:28, Andrew Mawson wrote:
I have some 3/4" brass bibcocks on the way to me - these are the
bigger version for a stand pipe (the more usual 1/2" ones are 1/2"
BSP input and 3/4" BSP where the water comes out)

Try as I may I cannot find the thread specification for the output
side of these bigger taps. Not yet to hand but I'd guess at 1" BSP
logically

I want to get male Hozelock Q/D fittings onto the taps but bigger
ones are proving elusive. If anyone has any insight it would be
appreciated if you could share it!

You need to measure threads and compare with sizes he
Â* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Pipe

A 3/4" BSP fitting has a thread 1"

For an example of a reducer 1/2"M x 3/4"F:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-wate...1/112025557345

I would hope you can get one locally, or with a better price on postage!

When they arrive I have absolutely no problem measuring them but they
haven't arrived !!!!!

Ah yes, that might help.

Can you supply a manufacturer's part number?

I'm pretty sure the tap will be 3/4" BSP.

If you want to match this to Hoselock items:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Amtech-Bras...Male/809536305