Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Alarm Battery Charge Time

On 23/12/2017 23:34, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

Following alarm issues caused by a power cut I have fitted a new
battery from Screwfix.

But it appears that it had been on the shelf a while and was low
on charge.

The battery is a 12v 7Ah lead acid jobbie.

My question is how long is it likely to take for the alarm power
supply to charge the newly installed battery?
The alarm is a Texecom Veritas Excel model.

It doesn't matter because once you have installed it it will be on
permanent charge. But if you bought a lead acid battery and it was
discharged it's likely to be faulty. What made you think it was discharged?

I have bought small lead acid batteries like that and they won't ever
come back to normal condition.

Bill