Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Can I use the old flexible conduit?

replying to Deguza, Iggy wrote:
I agree with dpb. It may be flexible conduit, but that practice is very rare.
Armored cable is the best stuff and actually keeps the unexposed wires brand
new. Every armored cable I've re-cut for longer ends that had been cut-down
over the decades were always like new in everyway, my oldest so far were
80-years old. Unless you need a larger gauge wire, I'd either leave what's
there or cut the ends back to re-locate the boxes. However, your friend is
wrong about the Romex replacement idea, you don't know if you now have or will
have cable chewing rodents in the future. Always upgrade and never downgrade.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1153703-.htm