Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default New upvc porch - fittings and ideas

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 05:02:01 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:12:41 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:25:33 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 03:22:21 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Thursday, 21 December 2017 10:47:04 UTC, charles wrote:
What I was planning for a "strong" fence post was to fit a lenght of
timber
inside the square UPVC section. I'd probably have to plane it to
size,
though.
Has anyone tried this?

I expect someone has at some point, and ended up with a trapezoidal
porch.

Do you need a washing line, or could you put a rotary airer in the
gap?

Charles isn't the OP, he's jumped in.

A rotary airer is an option but a bit more of a faff in terms of
"putting it away" etc. I'll offer the suggestion to SWIMBO and
apportion blame/credit as appropriate depending on the reaction.

You can get covers
http://amzn.to/2Dn3RjL Saves the faff putting it
away...

Then we're left with a pole sticking up in a nice open area. SWMBO
says no.

Trade her in on a more sensible SWMBO.

Don't you think I've tried? Perhaps I keep looking at the wrong
attributes.

Yep, you must have done.

Same with dogs, most are so stupid they go by appearance, not
the mentality. It’s the mentality you live with all the time.