Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default LED bulbs with illuminated switch

Percival P. Cassidy wrote on 12/22/2017 6:04 PM:
We have a half bathroom where the light switch is not quite behind the door
when it's open but not readily visible when one walks in, so we put an
illuminated switch there. That was fine with incandescent lamps and even
with 60W-equivalent LEDs, but we decided that the 60W LEDs were too bright
and installed 40W-equivalent LEDs in their place. Now the lamps never
totally extinguish but only dim to a a faint glow.

Any way of using both the illuminated switch and the 40W LEDs?

Lol. I have the same thing. I put two LED cans in my bedroom ceiling along
with a pair of lighted dimmer switches. The lighted switch is just a neon
bulb across the switch which then conducts a small current when the switch
is open. This small current won't light an incandescent bulb, but will
light up an LED. So I have two night lights in my ceiling, lol

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998