Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New upvc porch - fittings and ideas

In article ,
charles writes:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
charles writes:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
AnthonyL was thinking very hard :
1) The outside corner of the porch is a handy point for a clothes
line hook as the porch fits on an inside corner with a garage to its
left hand side. What are the best ways to attach a line to upvc?

UPVC is too weak to accept screws supporting any weight. However you
might be able to find a way to bolt right through the structure.

What I was planning for a "strong" fence post was to fit a lenght of
timber inside the square UPVC section. I'd probably have to plane it to
size, though. Has anyone tried this?

It would go rotten.

why would it rot any quicker than the bare wooden post I'd be replacing.
That's gone because it's been hit (and broken) by a backing delivery van.

Inside a plastic section, it will soak up condensation, with no
opportuinity to dry out.

--
Andrew Gabriel