Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default OT Is it me?

On Thursday, 21 December 2017 16:16:45 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Sexual relations between an adult and child cannot be justified ever.
Unless we assume a child is capable of making all important decisions for
themselves. Which no society ever has.

Just for argument's sake

In the 12th century, the Catholic Church allowed daughters over 12 and sons over 14 to marry without their parents' approval, even if their marriage was made clandestinely [1] and those ages continued in Scotland until 1929.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marria...ge#cite_note-6

Watching the Jeremy Kyle show (which I only ever do by accident, honest guv) makes me think that a lot of people are incapable of making a decision about marriage or sex at any age.

Owain