Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hall, stairs and landing light switches

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

my hall lighting can be switched from the front door, half
way along the hall were the door to the living room is, at the far end to
the kitchen, and upstairs on the landing. (you can have as many
intermediates as you want.)
The landing light is also switched from several places.

My landing light could be switched from the landing or the hall, but the
hall light couldn't be switched from the landing, so I dragged in an
extra 3+E cable to fix that.

No need for a switch near the front-door, I have an occupancy sensor,
more convenient when you arrive with an armful of shopping.

What if you want to go straight upstairs to the toilet? Leaving the house
and want to switch lights off? Leave the outside lights on? And so on.

One thing you can be sure of is that 'auto' lights hardly ever do exactly
what you want. ;-)

--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

Dave Plowman London SW