Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 240v AC to 4v AC plug adapter

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:54:50 +0000, F wrote:

On another thread (currently into a discussion on sound and phase) I
asked if anyone any thoughts on where I could get a replacement for one
of these: https://www.flickr.com/gp/161457453@N02/iv5D72. It runs three
sticks of 12 LED Christmas lights which gradually, and individually,
change colour.

I've taken it to pieces now and it turns out it's 240v AC to 4v AC and
not 4v DC. So, I'm still looking for a replacement wall wart. Anyone?

I should have looked at the picture more closely! I've looked and can't
see nything obvious - 4 volts AC at no more then 0.5A or so seems hard to
find.

You might find the lights work fine on DC, in which case a 4.5VDC
supply would work. Test it with 3 battery cells.

I have a few things that came with low voltage AC wall warts,
but DC ones work fine. This may not always be the case though.

--
Andrew Gabriel