Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 240v AC to 4v AC plug adapter

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:11:59 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:54:50 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On another thread (currently into a discussion on sound and phase) I
asked if anyone any thoughts on where I could get a replacement for one
of these: https://www.flickr.com/gp/161457453@N02/iv5D72. It runs three
sticks of 12 LED Christmas lights which gradually, and individually,
change colour.

I've taken it to pieces now and it turns out it's 240v AC to 4v AC and
not 4v DC. So, I'm still looking for a replacement wall wart. Anyone?

It's basically just a transformer but to use one you would need to do
some wiring and put it in a suitable box etc.

4V is a bit of a funny one and the nearest I can find is:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/2x45v-6va...s-transformer-

a76qj

You can actually get 'empty' wall wart boxes that you could put said
transformer in for yourself ...

I found:

CPC TF01368 for the transformer

They also do wall wart boxes (I've used them to replace damaged ones),
although I can't find them right now.