Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default New upvc porch - fittings and ideas

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 03:22:21 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Thursday, 21 December 2017 10:47:04 UTC, charles wrote:
What I was planning for a "strong" fence post was to fit a lenght of timber
inside the square UPVC section. I'd probably have to plane it to size,
though.
Has anyone tried this?

I expect someone has at some point, and ended up with a trapezoidal porch.

Do you need a washing line, or could you put a rotary airer in the gap?

Charles isn't the OP, he's jumped in.

A rotary airer is an option but a bit more of a faff in terms of
"putting it away" etc. I'll offer the suggestion to SWIMBO and
apportion blame/credit as appropriate depending on the reaction.

--
AnthonyL