Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default New upvc porch - fittings and ideas

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
AnthonyL was thinking very hard :
1) The outside corner of the porch is a handy point for a clothes line
hook as the porch fits on an inside corner with a garage to its left
hand side. What are the best ways to attach a line to upvc?

UPVC is too weak to accept screws supporting any weight. However you
might be able to find a way to bolt right through the structure.

What I was planning for a "strong" fence post was to fit a lenght of timber
inside the square UPVC section. I'd probably have to plane it to size,
though.
Has anyone tried this?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England