Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 13:46:12 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 05:44:07 GMT, Margaret
om wrote:

replying to Bri Gipson, Margaret wrote:
I went for several years with a green light and wondered the same thing. Then
one day I noticed a yellow light and ordered a filter. Dont know how long
it had been that way but by the time I got the new filter, it was red. At
that time, I did not use my water as much as I do now. I am currently
refilling my water bottles, of which I drink at least 5/day,

So isn't the water at room temperature by the time you drink it?

I am guessing she has an insulated bottle and drinks it before it gets
warm.

what does the filter in the fridge filter for and, if necessary,
wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get one for the kitchen sink?

Probably hence my R/O. The fridges tap off of that at my house.