Posted to alt.home.repair
Margaret Margaret is offline

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green

replying to Bri Gipson, Margaret wrote:
I went for several years with a green light and wondered the same thing. Then
one day I noticed a yellow light and ordered a filter. Dont know how long
it had been that way but by the time I got the new filter, it was red. At
that time, I did not use my water as much as I do now. I am currently
refilling my water bottles, of which I drink at least 5/day, and so need a
filter every 6 mo. So I say wait, if it looks and tastes good, and ice &
water is working well. :-). I was also told by a refrigerator repairman that
it goes by gallons used, not just time passed.
Let me know what you do. :-)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-518498-.htm