Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Festool Reconditioned sale

On 12/19/17 6:43 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/19/2017 5:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/19/17 11:03 AM, wrote:
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:51:57 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

I *am* thinking about the contractor version of the track saw. There
have been quite a few time in this past year when I really could've
used one.

Working during the day, there is no way I could respond fast enough
to any post to make a two minute window or received/responded.Â* I
can't do that when people tell me my check is ready!

Out of all the Festool equipment I have looked at and handled, the
track saw is the only piece I nearly bought on.Â* I went to see Karl
and Leon one year and Karl ripped a piece of plywood for me so he
could show me the quality of cut. I was actually astonished. He and
Leon had just finished a kitchen build out and apparently used the
track saw to break down the sheet goods before final sizing at the
table saw.

You could easily use the end results from the track saw to build
cabinets.Â* The whisper thin veneer didn't chip, their was NO sign of
saw marks anywhere, and the open grain from the cut was very smooth.
Ready for glue up!

MIKE, if you get one, make sure you get with Leon about the
modification he and Karl have to done to their setup just to make the
saw/track use easier and a bit better.

Robert

I will.Â* I remember making a metal note about that when they posted it.

BY contractor are you talking about the one that looks like a regular
circular saw with the short track that is attached?

IIRC the modification that Karl and I made was for the parallel guides.
That probably would not interest you unless you got the long tracks.

And FWIW Ron Paulk on YouTube shows a hack to eliminate using the
parallel guides that Festool sells.Â* He uses two modified versions of
the circle jig for the jig saw.

The contractor version fits the regular long tracks.
I would not buy one without also getting enough track to rip plywood.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--