Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Debit card Q

Brian Reay explained :
I asked the question of Nat West and their reply was no. You can fiddle a
second card, by pretending the first has become damaged.

Ouch, I don't like the sounds of 'fiddle'!

That aside, don't they cancel the 'original' card? I always assumed they did.

I had a new Mastercard, wanted a second identical one to keep secreted
away in the car for emergencies like leaving my wallet at home, so I
told Mastercard my original card was faulty. They sent a second
identical one and both cards continued to operate for the remainder of
their active lives.