Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

On 19/12/2017 18:21, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 19/12/2017 16:50, Mark Allread wrote:

Santander were particularly bad at the time and said they could not act
on any instructions until the person for whom I was Attorney came into
branch and countersigned in front of them.

Understandable though as the signature is ultimate authority and needs
to be witnessed by the bank as it's them who were entrusted with account
holders financial security.

Until you have to go through the daily challenges you don't appreciate
how essential is is to have everything in place before it's actually needed.

If you have a registered PoA that's all anyone needs. It's that which
provides authority. There's no need for the 'donor' to be present at
all: there's no way anyone with advanced dementia is going to sign anything.

Santander accepted the PoA by itself when I had to use one.