Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 13:57:37 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 18/12/2017 16:19, Mark Allread wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:35:43 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

By way of a response to both of you I think we have all probably reached
the same conclusions - that financial institutions generally (with
exceptions) do not fully understand the various Powers of Attorney and
consequently fail to train their staff properly.

Generally the use of a PoA comes at a time of stress for the Attorney and
a more sympathetic and understanding approach needs to be taken.

Santander were particularly bad at the time and said they could not act
on any instructions until the person for whom I was Attorney came into
branch and countersigned in front of them.

I gently (cough) pointed out that if they could do that I wouldn't be the
Attorney.