Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hot water knob on the bathroom faucet is wonky

On 12/19/2017 10:38 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 00:44:03 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to strangways, Iggy wrote:
It could be a broken handle insert...that blue thing above the cold side. It
could be that the red "C" should be facing forward, like the cold side's blue
"C". Or, that the cartridge broke and needs to be replaced, the reason why the
red "C" is out of position. Replace both cartridges if replacing any.

I don't see any reason to replace the other one. These are not like
left and right shock absorbers on a car. In fact in some places the
cold gets opened much more often than the hot, and is likely to wear out
first, but even if they were opened the same, it's the nature of things
that one side might last much longer.

I can see buying the parts for both sides, so that he'll have it.
Especially since I'm told they sell faucet replacement parts for what I
consider a very short time.

If I bought both I'd replace both. If you don't, you may be dragging
out the tools again in a week, in a year, but once you have the water
off and tools there I'd just be done and not have to touch it for
another 10 years. But tht's just me.