Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck again - county screwed me.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:52:36 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/18/2017 05:17 PM, Frank wrote:
We've been in this house 45 years and hope to stay but this experience
has taught me a lot about rule changes and construction. Hope my
experience will help caution others in this ng.

I grew up in a location where externally visible improvements were
approached very, very carefully. There were houses with peeling paint
and loose shutters that were quite stylish inside -- and the county
assessor never got an invitation to dinner.

Legally they really can't even come on your property but that is
generally ignored by the people walking around with the cameras and
lap tops. The lady who walked into my back yard acknowledged that I
could ask her to leave but she pointed out she already knew about
everything she saw including a new 128 sq/ft bump out on my screen
cage (no permit) that was only a few months old and she showed me an
updated plat on her laptop.
She just said "everything looks right to me" and left.