Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_23_] Muggles[_23_] is offline

Default Deck again - county screwed me.

On 12/18/2017 6:39 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 12/18/2017 5:29 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 12/18/17 6:21 PM, Frank wrote:
They did increase the assessed value of my property by $600 and tax
about $15.Â* Assessed value here is about a third of the market value.
I called them about it and they said I would have to go through a
protest procedure which might take up to a year.Â* I'll pay the extra
tax but am ****ed.Â* That nice New Castle County assessor that came
out and looked at the replacement deck lied when he said the tax
would not go up.

How did the county know you replaced your deck?

Hidden observation posts outside Home Depot; microphones concealed in
street lamps to pick up repeated hammer blows?

Â* He pulled permits .

We built a free standing deck near our garden and didn't get a permit to
build it. Also built a pool deck, and then dismantled it when we sold
the pool and never got a permit.

Didn't seem to matter. Our property taxes keep going up every couple of
years, anyway.

--
Maggie